In this course, students will challenge themselves to develop design thinking, hands-on building, and captivating pitching. Who will win this Shark Tank competition?
What is Shark Tank: Shark Tank is an American Business reality television series. It shows entrepreneurs making business presentations to a panel of five investors or "sharks" who decide whether to invest in their company. (from Wikipedia)
Students will learn
- To build concrete leadership skills, interactive lectures and small-group workshops that will give you an opportunity to build upon your strengths
- To experience realistic simulations that let students see and feel what it’s like to start, manage and build a company
- To form a startup from idea generation to securing financing; to launching your business
- To turn a great idea into a business plan, overcome barriers and seize positive opportunities, learn and instill entrepreneurial and economic principles; built for prosperity
- and much more!
Time: 9:00-11:00 A.M. ET
Date: Monday-Friday, 8/9-8/13/2021 (week 9)
Grade: Grade 5 - Grade 8
Class size: 6-8
Category: Entrepreneur, Economics
Standards: National Standards for Financial Literacy
Online Course Requirements
Mac, PC, Tablet, or Phone
Stable internet connection with access to Zoom Video Conference
*It is not required to prepare everything in this list; any substitutions are welcome. Yet, a lack of course materials can lead to project failures and instructional difficulties. Teachers may add more materials later (will email enrolled students).
pencils and eraser
- colored pencils, sharpies, or markers
please check back